Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Manage -vs- Eradicate

The proposal being put forth by the HCN, and apparently being adopted by the City of Oakland and the East Bay Regional Parks District, is to thin the groves and remove tons of duff and tinder on a five year rotation.
Traumatizing the ecosystem every five years may be acceptable along the highways, but definitely not in the forest.

I would argue that based on the photos I took of the various methods employed along the highway... eradication provides superior long range results.


Grizzly Peak South of 4 Corners
This was the most favorable light I could cast on the eucalyptus side of the road.

This is the other side of the road.

I invite everyone to view the entire album.

[edit] I added more previous photos of the roadside, taken earlier this month [/edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment